shanmonster: (Spasmolytic)
Ashtanga yoga is fun! I want to do it again and again. I'll have to wait until next Monday, though. Although most of the movements were familiar to me through my years of exercise, there was one manoeuvre which was completely new to me. I'm not sure what the move is called, but it was one of the more pretzelicious ones. After wrapping one arm around my bent leg, the other around my back, and clasping my hands in this bizarre configuration, I felt a stretch in my upper arm. I don't think I've ever been able to stretch that muscle before! How exciting!

Ok, so maybe it isn't as exciting as what I saw after yoga: a young man being attended to by a group of youths in Officers' Square. They were carefully covering his shaved head with the contents of a medium-sized jar of peanut butter. After giving him a peanut butter wig, they then covered the whole shebang with potato chips. Then the man and his friends walked off, perhaps to hunt pigeons or squirrels, or whatever else may be attracted to his crunchy pate.

Date: 2004-07-13 03:20 am (UTC)From: [identity profile] rachelbutoh.livejournal.com
It' s good to hear you liked yoga. It sounded like you were doing a version of marichyasana. Maybe. Check out this site if you get a chance. It has a bunch of postures on the site and how to get in them.
www.yogadancer.com

Date: 2004-07-13 12:10 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] shanmonster.livejournal.com
Yes! Version A is the one we were doing. Thanks!

I did a bit of yoga before (hatha and pranayama), and have been wanting to do more of it for a long time. For the summer, there are free classes every Monday. This makes it possible for me, since I'm pretty darned poor. But if it's at all possible, I want to raise the money to continue. I know this would have fabulous benefits for my dance and martial arts, and I also like it for its own sake.
(deleted comment)

Date: 2004-07-13 12:10 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] shanmonster.livejournal.com
It sounds a little 1984, with the rat room, too.

yoga

Date: 2004-07-13 05:32 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] longpig.livejournal.com
How much does this class cost? I had a thing I had to do Monday this week, but I don't usually. I'd love to take a class...

Re: yoga

Date: 2004-07-13 06:47 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] shanmonster.livejournal.com
The Monday night classes are free! They're on the patio of the Lighthouse if the weather is nice, and upstairs at the York St. yoga studio if it's raining. Bring a mat or a towel, because the patio is not friendly to bare feet.

Re: yoga

Date: 2004-07-13 07:41 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] longpig.livejournal.com
If you remind me next week, I would love to go with you! :)

Re: yoga

Date: 2004-07-13 10:24 pm (UTC)From: [identity profile] shanmonster.livejournal.com
I shall try to remember with my sieve-like brain! Remind me to remind you....

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
23 45678
910 1112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 13th, 2026 05:38 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios